There are times in which I feel so alone with all of my medical issues, times I think that no one understands what I go through, times I think why me, times I feel so bad that I cry myself to sleep in my bedroom so my mom can't hear me. But the last few days, I don't feel as alone.....
I've been working at Walmart as a cashier for a little over 4 months now and I have been fighting to keep the job with everything in me. I've heard several employees say they work two jobs and ask why I don't because I'm young and I can handle it. Little do most of them know the many health struggles I face daily at only 23 years old. I've told a few cashiers that I've gotten to know pretty well but over the last two days when we've been super slow after the Christmas rush, I have been able to chat more with two of the girls I work with who are also cashiers but whom I haven't had the chance to speak too before. One of the girls I talked to yesterday told me about all her medical issues and she has a lot like me, one of them being blood clots. She said it scares her and she still gets twinges in her legs from it.
Another girl that I talked too tonight, while sitting outside on my break, told me that she was crying at every little thing tonight, that customers were saying things and she'd start crying, that the bosses were getting her upset and that maybe she started this job too soon. I told her that I lost my 1st horse 4 years ago today and was crying about everything as well. She told me about her story....she was in a bad car wreck when she was pregnant and had her two other kids in the back seat. The two kids in the back seat didn't have a scratch but she ended up having numerous broken bones, internal injuries, bleeding issues and lost the baby she was carrying. She ended up having blood clots and was on blood thinners for some time. I told her my story and we both cried and then hugged. It hit us both hard. I don't feel as alone now.
A girl online on the CVS facebook page has also reached out to me the last few days and it feels so good to talk to someone who has it like me. Feels like I am really not alone in it now. I don't know anybody in person who has it and when I say I have it people look at me like I am nuts or something because they have never heard of it. It just feels good to be able to talk to someone who knows what CVS is and can really relate to it and knows how I feel and doesn't just act like they know how I feel.
Anyways, just wanted to share this as I've felt so alone for some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment