Well, some of you may not know me very well or much at all but I have been afraid of water my whole life despite having a house on Rough River in Leitchfield, Ky for half of my life. I don't mean just a little afraid, I am terrified of going under water, I hate to have my head under the water in any way whether being dunked or doing it myself. A couple of months ago I took the plunge and allowed Mormon Missionaries into our house to teach me about their church and about God as I have never really went to church or been a certain religion. I ended up really liking the missionairy girls and they began coming over to our house more and teaching me things about the church and about God and Jesus. I've really learned a lot from them.
Anyways, I was baptised today for the first time and I was a bit nervous because of the whole water thing but once I did it I relaxed and it wasn't really so bad. It wasn't like being held under the water like your sibling would do to you or anything, it was more a quick up and then down thing. I had to wear a super ugly jump suit thing that was white so I had to wear a white bra and white underwear, it was really uncomfortable but I didn't have to wear it long at all which I was thankful for. After I was baptized I got redressed and then went to the chapel for some hyms and talks by the church members. It wasn't so bad. Then we had small snacks and that was that. It felt good to be baptised, like I am a part of something now. I've enclosed some pictures for everyone.
I do feel a little upset though because Sister Mikami is leaving now and I finally had what I call a friend, I never have friends for long. She said she'd write so I'm hoping she does because I always seem to lose friends somehow. Being sick and alone is a lonely life that's for sure and I get upset sometimes. She's going to Corbin, Ky for awhile.
Well, that has been my life changing day!
No comments:
Post a Comment